Why blog? The benefits of blogging
Blogging on a frequent basis is a relatively easy, inexpensive way to enhance your marketing efforts, drive traffic to your site and attract prospective customers. Here are just some of the benefits of posting a regular blog:
1. It Helps Drive Traffic To Your Website:
- The more interesting and relevant content you have, the more people are likely to find you. For example, if you are selling clothes and you blog about the latest trends, celebrities and fashion events, new and potential customers will find you by chance by looking for something entirely different – this is the definition of an impulse purchase!
2. Social Media:
- Every new blog post means you are creating content people can share via social media – this helps expose your business to a new audience. It’s free marketing and it further validates you as a credible business. It also means that you can share your own content on social media, which means that you are driving traffic to your website, rather than to someone else’s, and giving your organisation a real voice on an important channel.
3. Boost Search Engine Optimisation:
- By frequently blogging, you give Google and other search engines new content to index. Google loves to see new content being added on a regular basis, and rewards sites that do so with better visibility. More content also means more opportunities for adding internal links. This creates more pathways for search engine crawlers, which more effectively spreads PageRank throughout your site.
- Push keywords to increase visibility on search engine results pages (SERPS).
4. Builds Authority In Your Industry:
- A blog is one of the best ways to establish yourself or your brand as an expert in your field, as it gives you a platform for sharing important industry-related information and insights. There is nothing better than a rival sharing your comment/expertise!
5.Can Convert Traffic Into Leads:
- A blog with high-quality content also helps build brand loyalty, further increasing your conversion rates.
- You can build trust and clout within your industry by providing valuable, expert information in your blog posts. Over time, you become a “go to” resource for helpful, informative content, which can ultimately lead to higher customer conversion rates. This is especially important for small businesses looking to gain credibility to compete with larger companies.
- More content means more form submissions, more email opt-ins, more quote requests, and ultimately, more sales.
Interested in creating a blog for your business? Please contact me for more information.Tags: Blog, Blogging, Search Engine Optimisation, Small Business, Social Media, Website Traffic, Wordpress